Edward C. Bettem was firmly entrenched in the carpet industry in Carlisle when, in 1902 he built his new factory on the northeast corner of Spring Garden st. and East Louther st. Known today as The Minerva Mills building.
By 1955 the company changed its name to the Columbia Minerva Corp. By 1959 there were three occupants in the Minerva mills building, all overseen by David Traum: Columbia Minerva Corp.(woolen yarn manufacturers), Heirloom Needle Work Guild, and David Traum Co. Inc.
In the 1950’s James Lees and Sons Company ‘assigns’ Minerva to David Traum Company, Inc.
Between 1965 and 1967, the David Traum Co. (hem marker, button covering device, tailors rule) invented by Herbert G. Booth. vacated its portion of the building and the other two businesses remained. However by 1968, there was only one, C.H. Masland Inc. C.H. Masland Inc. (purchased by Burlington 1980’s) overflow division remained the sole occupant of the Minerva Mills building until 1984.